Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday morning chores.

Basic cleaning and sweeping.  Chopped and marinated kale for salad.  I wasn't sure if Brian and Heather were coming, but decided to go to the Farmer's Market at the Fair Grounds for community research.  As I was about to turn left on 94, Heather called.  They were planning to come--which meant visit to market was elevated from research to   proper shopping at the Farmer's Market and beyond.  Hurray!  I am always happy to shop for a crowd.

Bought peaches and blueberries from Windy Brow, Twelve ears of bi-color corn form Ideal farms, as well as more green beans (I'd bought some from another farmer yesterday) and cucumbers.

On the way home, I stopped at Sasse Glaziers, hoping that they's made my screen--and wonder of wonders, it had just been finished.  It took just a little maneuvering to get it into the car (I'd learned the correct angles from my previous efforts--and we had four hands this time rather than two).  Then gas for car and lawn mower and a quick trip for milk and ice-cream and more at Weiss's.

Hall through screen
At home--I easily installed the new screen.  The door will have to be painted--but air and light now fill the hall.  Major improvement.

I wasn't sure if the entire family would be happy staying here (next year--let us hope, the house will be ready for scores of guests, so Heather made reservations at the Holiday Inn in the Home Depot Parking lot--well--not in the parking lot--but very close indeed.  And--there is not even a swimming pool.

Although I would have liked to be able to put everyone up, it was probably a good thing not to have to get everything perfectly visitor ready.
Frittata




Back to preparing food for snacks and dinner.   Parboiled green beans, sliced cucumbers and made a fritatta with onions, cheese, tomatoes, basil and parsley in case anyone needs a quick snack on arrival.

Screen up, snack made, ready for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment