Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Quiet New Jersey Days....

Planning, painting and cooking have all ceased for the moment.  Sarah and Sam will be coming back on Friday--we'll meet with George on Saturday morning--and I'm assuming a new round of vigorous activity will begin.

Yesterday was extraordinarily beautiful--hot, but not humid.  Can't say I did much in the house--all sorts of bits of Venice business had to be taken care of, plus of course I had to make sure the paint was drying properly on the porch.  It is looking good.--and start looking for toilets, tubs and other accessories on line.

I did make a run to the Post Office to check on my new postal box--it remains as empty as can be.  And I surprised myself by being unable to resist yet another trip to Dairy Queen for my second hot fudge and caramel sundae in 24 hours.  It was good, but that particular craving might be sated for a while.

Now that I'm here, I can't quite fathom why I had such a hard time leaving Venice.  Well--there were lots of reasons.  I had planned to leave late May or early June--but the entire middle of the country was engulfed in one disaster after another--tornados, floods, winds, fires...and then there was an incredible heat wave almost everywhere but Venice, California.

Russell and Heather who were originally hoping to move in at the beginning of June, delayed their arrival until July--so, between the threats of the environment lurking throughout the land and the lack of an immediate incentive to get out, I had an extremely hard time packing my bags.  But--finally--on Sunday June 19th, I finished packing the car and headed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment