Monday, July 4, 2011

Thoughts on consumer adventures at Dairy Queen and Lowe's

Busy. Busy. Busy.  I have been accused by my off-spring of being a slacker and a lazy blogger--and urged to write regularly and in detail--so I am now attempting to make up for much lost time. 

new weed whacker with lawn mower
My mis-placed order at DQ on Saturday night was not the only consumer mishap of the day.   I should perhaps take this moment to note that all three of us, Naomi, Sarah and Sam have been somewhat inept New Jersey shoppers.  Fortunately, all retail personnel and sales associates  have been remarkably patient and understanding of our short-comings.  The young woman at DQ would have gladly re-made my sundae--but I thought (this was a mistake as it turned out) I should give the butterscotch a try.  Earlier in the day, as we bought our weed whacker at Lowe's--our ignorance of this basic suburban--or perhaps exurban piece of equipment was incomprehensible to the young salesman--he could not believe that we really had no clue. George had told me to get a 17 inch straight shaft--so we eliminated all curved offerings, but that didn't get us very far. Eventually, after questioning a few dads wandering in the aisles trailing wives and children and managing a little android research (there are some things some of us do know) we felt confident enough to purchase a Troy Bilt 2 cycle trimmer, which added to our other acquistions, made a fine car load.

No comments:

Post a Comment