Tuesday, October 4, 2011

After days in NYC, close encounters with bear

I returned from the city on Monday--it was cold and gray and rain-threatening though Johnny and George were here working on getting ready to put up the next round of siding and Ray was putting the second coat of primer on the front door-way.

Mid-afternoon, I spotted a big black bear out the front window.  Alone, and bigger than the other bears I'd seen (mother and two cubs), this must be the missing Papa Bear.

Later in the day, with rain threatening once again (it did rain all Monday night), I headed out for a walk, but turned around and came home after spotting that big bear again, this time on my very path--along the dam crossing the lake.

Corn stuffed bear scat
The next day, Tuesday, on that very path, I found very concrete evidence of the bear's presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment