Saturday, October 29, 2011

SNOW!!!



Snow, snow and more snow.  The weather people predicted a huge ridiculously early snowstorm for today--snow started even earlier than they'd thought--and is accumulating at a ridiculous pace--here are some pictures from a few minutes ago--though i fear they are already out-dated as the snow falls faster by the moment.

Despite my intentions to do some furniture re-finishing, it looks like that project will have to wait for a less dramatic day.  I may be too transfixed by the falling snow, and busy with the stew which I did begin first thing in the morning to start mucking around with steel wool and rubber gloves.

And despite my lessons in blade sharpening, no ceiling scraping either.

I have however, on urging from Sarah and Laura, and inspired by the damp chill, done a little more research on wood stoves.  A current leading candidate is Vermont Casings Montpelier Insert.  

1 comment:

  1. I still think you should check out a gas "fireplace". So much more efficient, effective, just as good looking, and much less work.

    ReplyDelete