Saturday, November 20, 2010

Journal: November 20th

Woke up with no voice.   George and Johnny working on siding.  The side of house is almost finished.

A  very quiet day.  Although I felt fine, the no-voice situation was permission to act a bit like a sick person.  I did go to the library and made a quick stop at Wal-mart (sometimes I just have to go --it does occasionally have a surprise or two).  The surprise today was a little package of chopped dates from Pakistan which I used to make a quite delicious dark date nut bread.


I have sunk into many levels of food nostalgia and was hoping to re-create the very dark very moist date nut bread I used to have at Schrafft's with cream cheese.  My bread was not quite as dark and moist as I'd wanted--but it is quite good.  Perhaps I'll photograph my breakfast slice tomorrow.

In anticipation of drive across, I'd taken out many cds from library--mostly of old half-forgotten albums and put them on my ipod.  Caught up on various things and , cleaned a bit, mostly sat at computer....oh last night watched double bill--of young people's movies i love you man, set in venice beach--streets around home--and nick and nora's infinite playlist new jersey high school kids in new york city--two geographically relevant films--very urban--perhaps I'm ready to take a break from winter rural life.

No comments:

Post a Comment