Monday, September 20, 2010

Journal: September 20th. Back to New Jersey. Stone Delivery.

Thanks to the gift of the extra three hours of parking, didn't rush out first thing Monday morning, but did get a call from George en route.

He was wondering about the stone--seems its just about time to put up the wall--so before pulling into the house, I stopped at Polowy's and ordered two palettes of weathered rattle blue stone which was delivered a few hours later.

 One advantage of having the stone yard minutes away--free delivery.  We'll probably need more palettes--but we'll order them when necessary.

No work on the wall today--despite my grand intentions--it is clear that I will be fairly useless in wall-building--it's appealing because (I'm gleaning this from my internet researches) it's slow and contemplative, but I suspect if I embarked on this project, the slowness would be legendary.  It could take years--and I do still have to sort and store the linens!

No comments:

Post a Comment