Friday, June 4, 2010

Journal: June 4th. Phoebe in house. Recyling. Home Depot. Lowe's. Deer.

A phoebe flew into the house today -and due to her little bird brain could not figure out how to get out--she was so frightened that she laid an egg in a panic. I discovered and cleaned up the little broken egg once she had made it back outside. (I'd never heard of such a thing, but George tells me this is not so rare). I trust him on the bird question as every morning he gathers eggs on his 94 year old mother's farm. She sells them for $2.50 a dozen--and I am working on my first dozen right now.

After another recyclng visit to landfill  and trips to Home Depot and Lowe's I took a long walk--and saw a deer with newly born fawn--so new they did not even budge but allowed me to take their pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment