Monday, May 31, 2010

Journal: May 31st. Brooklyn with Sarah.

Cleaned up Sarah's apartment for her return later in the day  Re-stocked her larder, made bed with country-washed linens, took out the garbage.  Marvelled at how manageable these tasks were as opposed to the massive work I'd undertaken in New Jersey.

I drove to Park Slope--bought a pound of coffee beans  at Gorilla Coffee in Park Slope--and brought my free cup of coffee to join Alexandra and family for breakfast.   Then to Soho where I was planning to drop off the shoes that Jackie had left in the car before heading back to Newton.  As I parked on Wooster Street, Sarah called.  She'd just returned from the wedding in South Africa and she was eager to report in--and have me help her ward off jet lag until her scheduled afternoon bar-b-ques.

So....back to Brooklyn.  Another breakfast--well--it was lunch time at building on Bond--then a long afternoon of Brooklyn talking and walking--before heading to Newton for the proper beginning of my summer stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment